Friday 26 February 2010

Facilitation Now! Online facilitation conference Day 3

Day 3 of the online facilitation conference being run by IDeA, http://www.communities.idea.gov.uk/c/10030/blog/blog-display.do?backlink=ref&id=3394207 and I'm on this afternoon 2pm - 4pm doing a 'Hot Seat' on "The Knowledge Hub", the next generaton community and collaboration platform that I'm working on.

I was looking back at the online conversations from the previous 2 days and was really impressed by the high levels of activity, and some great insights from the facilitation 'experts' on how they've developed successful CoPs. I particularly liked the quote from Martin Stein (Workforce Matters CoP) in that facilitation is a bit like parenting and that "CoPs have a life cycle which starts with intensive care but ends with autonomy".

My only worry for the Hot Seat session is that I'm here by myself and not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the questions. But then again I might not get any....I'll wait with some trepidation!

 

Posted via web from stephendale's posterous

No comments: